Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Blessed Beltaine

THE MAY-POLE

The May-pole is up,
now give me the cup,
I’ll drink to the garlands around it;
But first unto those
Whose hands did compose
The glory of flowers that crown’d it.

~ Robert Herrick, 1891

Wishing you all a blessed Beltaine! The weather here has been very un-Beltaine like-- cold, cloudy, windy and rainy, but the rain has been a real gift, we have badly needed it.

The cold weather didn't stop me from celebrating Beltaine, however. I went to my first Earth Temple Beltaine celebration last night and had a fantastic time jumping the (indoors, electric) fire and dancing around the maypole, with sweets and fruit after. I haven't smiled and laughed so much in one night in a long time! I am really thankful there is such an active pagan community here where I live.

Happy May Day to everyone, and for all my friends who celebrate-- may the blessings of Beltaine be upon you today and throughout the year!

1 comment:

Mother's Moon's Message said...

a Blessed Beltane to you as well...