Monday, August 8, 2011

Two Months Growth

Wow, what a difference only 2 months has made with my herb garden--


It's actually beginning to look quite lush! I wasn't expecting that, considering I just replanted this year.


The sage, lemon balm and periwinkle are growing like a house afire and the apple blossom yarrow, thyme and lavender are doing quite nicely, too. Now it might look as though the chamomile (by the turtle) isn't doing so well, but actually about this time of year its done blooming. Sometimes in late September a new batch grows up again and blooms, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its self-seeded and I'll see it again-- if not this season, then in the spring.


Everyone is doing nicely on this side of the garden, too. Sometime after my last garden update I planted foxglove, hyssop and comfrey on this side. If I'd known that comfrey (big and leafy in the right front corner) was going to get so big in diameter, I'd have planted it further back! I still have 2 more spaces to fill, I might do another foxglove along the back of the fence-- or move the comfrey; and as for the other space... hmmm...

At any rate, I am quite thrilled to have my herb garden back again, its nice to go out and spend time with my little green friends.

7 comments:

Dori said...

Mother Nature is showing you she loves what you do!

intothedawn said...

DORI~ Even though its only a little corner in the yard, I *so* enjoy having a space for Her to thrive!

Ivy said...

Looks lovely! So jealous of people who have yards for gardens, it looks so peaceful and serene.

intothedawn said...

IVY~ Thank you! I'm thrilled to finally have a yard with space for a garden; the mister & I were apartment dwellers for about the first 7 years of our marriage. When we started house-hunting, that was one of my requirements-- enough yard for a garden!

Moncha said...

Your garden looks so wonderful. The plants have grown a lot.
A word of caution for comfrey. If you replant, every little root you leave in the ground will form another plant. It easily takes over a big part of your garden.
I have comfrey in my garden too and can't seem to get it out ; )
Have amagical day.

intothedawn said...

MONCHA~ Ah, so comfrey is another one of those kinds of plants, eh? Good to know. If it were on the other side of the garden it would have the lemon balm & periwinkle to compete with, as they spread & spread. Guess I'll be wrangling herbs into submission come next year, LOL!

kijjet said...

Your garden is... nice... but not as wonderful as mine. (LOL, if you read my blog you'll understand the joke of this). Actually, I am quite jealous of your beautiful garden!