Thursday, September 1, 2011

Floral Nostalgia

Aeons ago, I used to be a floral designer. I specialized in silk floral and wedding work, which was very helpful in saving money when I got married, as I did all our wedding party corsages, boutonnieres and bouquets, plus the table decor for the reception.

The Mister's boutonniere, top left, and a corsage & bout set for the grandparents from our wedding. Keep in mind these were made during the era tight, full designs, not the lovely, looser and more natural floral designs of today.

This was Gram's corsage from when my dad got remarried. It was a very small wedding and I did Dad's boutonniere and my step-mother's floral hair circlet and bouquet as well.

I also did the flowers for my sister-in-law's wedding. This is the boutonniere and corsage set for the grandparents.

Grandparents are wonderful about keeping nostalgic items. With the exception of my husband's bout, which I kept, all the other flowers pictured were carefully kept through the years by the grandparents who wore them for the occasion. Since all of our grandparents (my husband's and mine) have passed away as of earlier this year, I have inherited their tokens of nostalgia, which have now become mine.

1 comment:

Crystalrainbow said...

Just dropping by to say a huge thanks for your kind word of support, blessings sweet sweet lady x x x x