Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WIP Wednesday: Project Sketches

With my L'il Bro visiting, I haven't had time to sit down and do any claying, but I recently took a little bit of time to some quick sketches of a few ideas.


I want to do more decorated skulls for Dia de los Muertos and Samhain, which is fast approaching, so I drew out a couple ideas I had for designs before I could forget them.

I also want to make more cloak pins or brooches-- I thought some beaded bat designs would be cute. I also have ideas for owls, leaves, witches hats...

I've not often ever sketched out my ideas for clay designs, I tend to be pretty spontaneous about what I create. But I do know some people who do their planning on paper beforehand and I've wondered if this might be a good thing for me to try so that I don't forget ideas I have or so I can identify potential difficulties in design and come up with a solution before I actually start creating.

I also wonder if I'll finish my pieces more quickly if I already have my ideas solidified by drawing them out. Perhaps sketching designs will turn out to be a helpful tool for me.

1 comment:

Moncha said...

Looks wonderful, I can hardly wait to see the finished objects !!

Have a magical day.