Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving for Two

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American readers!


The Mister and I both worked through yesterday, so no chance for us to travel back to Iowa or Wisconsin to visit family for the holiday. However, we found what had to be the only small turkey (7.5 lbs) in the entire Denver Metro area to enjoy for our own little Thanksgiving meal.

The Mister's grandma always called the Thanksgiving bird "Old Tom Turkey"-- since ours was so small, we started calling him "Tiny Tom." Hubby and I cooked all day together and enjoyed a lovely meal, just the two of us.

It's not a bad way to spend the holiday at all. I'm thankful we have each other.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

That's awesome. My family has always had a 15+ pound turkey. This year it was 22! That's because we have male additions to our family being my mom's husband and sister's fiance. My mom and I cooked all day while one of my sisters slept and the other went with her fiance to his family's thanksgiving. hope you had a great meal and holiday!