Wednesday, November 30, 2011

This November...

... has been rather a bust. A month of FT hours back at work, lots of anxiety (and hence, extra medication) which ultimately culminated in a car accident, then dealing with insurance and auto-body shops and then the holiday, and finally, a cold that's been hanging on, sapping my strength for the past week. Safe to say, I'm glad this is the last day of November!

This week I am...

Watching: The short days get shorter and shorter. Seeing people put up their outdoor holiday decorations and lights, which I love!

Reading: Dawn on a Distant Shore by Sara Donati, second book of the Into the Wilderness series. Strong female character who chose her own husband against the wishes of her father, living in the wilderness of New York state in the late 1700's with her new Native American relatives, lots of adventure and intrigue ensues-- very reminiscent of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. I'm quite enjoying these books!

Listening: To a lot of silence. Sometimes that can be comforting. Finally playing some music today-- my secret boyfriend Steve Perry, of course! and that's been nice too.

Trying: To take care of myself, be gentle with myself...

Realizing: There is so much this month that I didn't get accomplished that I really wanted to-- like my Celtic Tree studies, art journaling, baking, creative work... At some point I drifted from my mantra meditation, time to pick that up again... My house is in major need of cleaning and TLC...

Feeling: Very, very, very tired...

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

ooo I hope that you feel better soon! I can sympathize with you 100%! I had a horrible super cold last month that took 4 different medications to kill. It's hard to get back on your feet! Keeping you in my prayers. Hopefully the holiday spirit will bring some warmth into your life. :)