Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Round Robin Pages

Earlier this year a group of us online started a pagan art journal round robin. Sadly, the mailing of the circle journals has not gone smoothly and at least 3 of the journals have ended up missing. The rest are on their way back to their original owners without having completed the entire circuit of the group.

I sent Danni's (of The Whimsical Cottage) back to her and she received it today, so I thought I'd share the pages I did for her journal. This first page is inspired by Lughnasadh.


I used alcohol inks for the background on this one and stamped images colored with colored pencils.

The text in the background is from the poem "John Barleycorn."


I included a yummy recipe for honey cornbread muffins, something I make at Lughnasadh.

This second page was inspired by Danni's love of Pan and other forest deities, elves and fairies.


I'm afraid I was a bit overzealous with my use of techniques for this page! Tissue paper and gesso for background texture, age distressed papers with distress ink and water, heat embossing on vellum and alcohol ink faux bleach technique used. And I used a white paint pen for the first time ever, which was fun.

As more journals make it back home to their owners, I will share more of the pages I did for the round robin circle, but for now I'm waiting so they will still be a surprise for the recipients.

1 comment:

Danni said...

I absolutely adore both of my pages, Dawn! I don't think you went overboard at all, they're both wonderful. :)