Saturday, December 17, 2011

Week of Healing

It's been quiet on the blog recently as I've been recovering from surgery since the Friday before last. I am happy to report that all seems to be healing well. I will see the surgeon again on Monday and see if he agrees (fingers crossed).

Although the problem presented itself earlier this year, surgery happened very quickly-- consulted with the surgeon on Tuesday, his office called Wednesday afternoon to schedule pre-op tests and surgery, and had the surgery itself on Friday of the same week! And went home that same day.

I had complete trust in my surgeon and the anesthesiologist; they were very good about answering all my millions of questions and explaining what would happen before, during and after surgery. Did you know that they now use a device monitor your brain waves during surgery so that they can tell if you're deep enough "asleep" and whether or not you're feeling pain and adjust medication accordingly? Isn't it amazing what medicine and technology can do these days? My post-op nurse was a gem as well, she took very good care of me until I was ready to go home. Nurses don't get paid enough for all they do, I'm here to tell you.

The Mister and the cats have been taking good care of me, I've been moving gently and resting often... planning for a simple holiday here at home (mmm... honey baked ham and new jammies) since I won't be comfortable enough yet to travel to see family by next week... Life is good!

2 comments:

coltpixy said...

I hope you are completely healed very soon. (((Hugs)))

Jeanne said...

I hope your road to recovery to smooth and short! And I agree with you regarding Nurses. They are highly under paid!