Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tarot for 2012~ 1st Moon

The first entire moon cycle for 2012 has begun, so its time to explore the card I drew for the first moon when I did my New Year's spread.



Ace of Swords~

Keywords and phrases for this card (for me) include: fresh new ideas, mental clarity, new insights, power of air element, sharp focus, concentrated mental energy, problem solving, cutting self free

There are birch trees on this card, which is a nice symbolic touch-- I am studying the Celtic Trees and the ogham this year, and birch trees are associated with new beginnings. It also looks like a new day is dawning... new day, new ideas. The sun rises in the east and east is associated with the suit of swords-- another nice symbolic touch of this particular card.

All in all, an excellent card to begin the new year.

1 comment:

Mother Moon said...

I wish you many new beginnings and grand adventures... blessings