Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Tarot Fool Journal Page

Back on New Year's Day, I calculated my tarot card for the year, which is The Fool. Since its the Fool's Day today, I thought I would share the journal page that I created about this tarot card.


To create this page, I crumpled a piece of parchment paper and then used Distress Ink to make the aged looking background. The rest of the design is simple with a print of the card and a sticker border. I played around with a lettering technique to add a bit of interest and wrote down all the keywords and phrases that define The Fool card for me.

I found that creating this journal page was a great way to meditate on the card and place its meaning firmly in my mind. Evidently optimism is the most meaningful keyword for me-- I see I wrote it down twice! (Although I think I meant to write down opportunity the second time.)

5 comments:

Nadja said...

I loved your page... it is so pretty!!! And so full of meanings for yourself, I bet your thought a lot about your own journey when making it!!!

Monique @ Magpie Hollow said...

Great page, I love the look and lettering. Optimism, well, that is something I can use too at the moment. I'm too much of a half is half empty kinda girl at the moment. Time to give myself a kick in the rear end ; )

Polly said...

Very cool! Love your idea and the way you've done the lettering!

The Witch's Promise said...

I like that you have really connected with the card in a way that is personal to you. The way you've put the page together is lovely. I'm inspired by it to make my own writing paper design by printing out one of my photographs and pasting it at the top instead of waiting for shops to come up with something I like, lol.

Faye Dewell said...

Yay! I love your idea. I keep meaning to do something like this. Will have to steal it from you later.