Saturday, September 1, 2012

Once in a Blue Moon

I've been sitting out on the patio these past two nights, enjoying not only a full moon, but a blue moon...


There was candle light (faux candle light the second night because it was so breezy) and sandalwood incense, and moon mantra chanting, as well as moon gazing... 


At one point, the moon got caught in the tree leaves...


 I also experienced a little bit of animal magic, as I was visited by a skunk for about ten minutes as I sat on the patio. Friend skunk was only about 2 feet away-- I could have reached out and touched it, but I didn't dare move; the skunk was very calm and I intended it should stay that way. So I sat quietly and marveled at its exquisite tail and bold stripes and sweet face until it wandered away into the night.

I feel lucky to have been visited by wild skunk (and survived stink-free!) and it certainly made this blue moon a very magical one.

1 comment:

Dori said...

What a wonderful post. So often people are too busy to stop and marvel at Mother Nature. Thanks for sharing your experience.